Learn how to take one of your many ideas and turn it into a real business in this action-oriented program!
Our Entrepreneurship Program is a multi-step program aimed at helping people discover what turns them on and then, engage with them on figuring out how to make a living at it. Finding that spark is crucial for people that think and learn differently!
In this program, we condense MBA-level entrepreneurial concepts to exactly what you need to know to start a business. You do not waste time absorbing unnecessary concepts. Think of it as a cheat sheet approach to learning. If this resonates with you, you are one of our people!
We see multiple outcomes for our Inventives after completing the entrepreneurship program:
- Start up their own company
- Team with other Inventives to start a company
- Licensing idea to third-party company
- Earn money through as crowdfunding platform such as Kickstarter
- Apply to and qualify for InventiveLabs' Pitch Competition
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
We run sessions in the fall and spring of each year. Applications are accepted year-round on a rolling admissions basis.
Early-acceptance deadline for the Fall 2018 session for applications is March 12, 2018. Acceptance notifications will be sent on March 30, 2018.
Two consecutive 4-month sessions:
- Ideation - idea generation for new businesses
- Reality check - first pass to narrow ideas to 10
- Business litmus test - narrow ideas to 3
- Validation - focus groups and other methods to verify need
- Final selection of business idea
- Determine business path - build, license, prototype, etc.
- Deep-dive on feasibility - fine-tune assumptions and validation
- Go/No-go on further exploration - go to 2nd option if no go.
- Build investor/partner deck and financial model
- Begin fundraising/partner selection
One spot in the subsequent year's Pitch Competition will be reserved for the top performing individual or team from the Entrepreneurship Program.
The winner will bypass the application and selection process and will be able to compete directly for the prizes being offered. An amazing opportunity!