Career/Internship Prep Program
Is your current career not a match for who you are? Are you thinking college may not be the best route for you? Our structured career/internship prep program may be the answer!
Our Career Program is designed for people that may not follow a typical career path. If you consider yourself a square peg in a round hole, we have an approach that may help you find your path.
Our program leads you through voyage of discovery about yourself and your potential career options. Here you get to focus on yourself and what makes you tick. We then work with you on exploring better choices for who you are.
The end result may be taking a job in your new career, or possibly taking an internship or co-op position with one of our partner companies.
If you are ready to make a change, reach out to us!
We see multiple outcomes for our Inventives after completing the career program:
- Apply for and get a position in your newly chosen field
- Build your network to maximize your opportunities for employment in your selected field.
- Enter a field-specific training program
- Earn a college-level internship or co-op from one of our partner companies with the possibility of future employment
Partner Company Highlight
Bentley System in Exton, PA is a global leader dedicated to providing engineers, architects, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for advancing infrastructure. Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,500 colleagues in over 50 countries, more than $700 million in annual revenues, and since 2012 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions. Bentley is a leader in workplace diversity.
Bentley is working with InventiveLabs to provide internships/co-ops for position at Bentley for candidates who have completed the career program with InventiveLabs. The Lab is filling positions for September 2018 with the potential positions at Bentley beginning in June 2019. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this unique opportunity.
Email us at email@example.com to find out more.
We run sessions in the fall and spring of each year. Applications are accepted year-round on a rolling admissions basis.
We are accepting applications on a rolling admissions basis. Apply now to reserve your spot!
InventiveLabs offers 2 - 4 month sessions:
- Exploration - brainstorm careers that align with your passions and aptitudes - pick 10-20 options
- Investigation - drill into the options and picture yourself in those types of careers through research.
- Reduction - narrow ideas to 5 career paths.
- Selection- pick top career choice and two alternates.
- Learn critical skills to allow you to perform at the highest level in a corporate role.
- Determine if an internship option is a potential path, or if you will look for job options directly during the placement phase.
For Job Placement:
- Profile Building - determine educational requirements and begin coursework for top options. Build mock resume and career canvas.
- Networking - attend events for your career path. Visit job fairs.
- Mentoring and research - select mentor and research career paths chosen.
- Apply - work your new network for opportunities and apply for jobs.
For Internship/Co-op option:
- Coordinate area of focus with partner company and determine skills required for proposed position
- Work with InventiveLabs on structured plan to use online resources to build skills for the selected internship.
- Setup communication channels with the Lab to support you throughout your internship.